Friday, April 19, 2013

More Camping Checklists! Go Girl Guides!

It's District Camp time in our Girl Guide district! Next weekend will see 91 of us at camp...from my little Sparks to all the leaders! There's been so much to prepare and this is the first year that the Sparks were given the option to sleep in a tent! Love, love, love! Took forever to convince everyone that 5 and 6 year olds will not perish from being outside overnight! I shake my head at that because my little one has been camping since she was knee high to a grasshopper.

As a Guider for over a few years now, I've attended many a camp from unit camps to provincial camps in Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter! Each one requires a little bit of difference in the packing so I came up with a generic weekend (Friday evening to Sunday morning) Guiding checklist that I can just modify as I need. This isn't a lightweight backpacking checklist, that's for later! This is an arrive in the car, maybe take a trip or two to lug it to the site, personal gear checklist.  As usual, I follow the "cross it off if you don't need it, add it if you do" rule of packing lists!

If I'm just joining a camp where there's not a lot to bring but my own gear then this all fits in a duffle containing a backpack, a bedroll, and my shelter.  Sometimes (like for District Camp) I have to bring lots of extra items and then I add a smallish rubbermaid bin.

Link to pdf:  General Guiding Camp Packing List

As an additional note... this is for females! Also, for clothing, I wear one of the pants/shirts on Friday evening and then again on Sunday morning.  They usually don't get too smelly in one evening and a Guiding camp is not the place for fashion... although I'm odd and do need my mascara! 

No comments:

Post a Comment